Friday, January 25, 2013

Kulcha



The thoughtless glutton who gorges himself beyond the limits of his digestive fires will be consumed by limitless ills. – Thirukural
Kulcha


If I can cook anyone can cook, before marriage I really thought cooking is like chemistry lab experiments. I never thought, I can bake a cake on my own. Now it all happened because of the cooking blogs. While surfing for roti varieties, I found this Kulcha recipe in Gayathri's cook spot. I tried it for the first time, with little variation  and for my surprise it came out very soft and tasty.  

Ingredients:

  • APF ( Maida) –  3 cups
  • Yogurt –  3 tsp
  • Baking powder – 1 tsp
  • Baking soda – a pinch
  • Salt – to taste
  • Sugar – 2 tsp
  • Oil –  2 tsp

Makes up to 15 -20 Kulchas

Procedure:

  1. Mix all the ingredients and make dough of chapathi dough consistency. Let it rest for one hour.
  2. Then take some portion of dough and roll out circle using a rolling pin. Make a slightly thin circle.
  3. Heat pan on a medium heat and cook kulchas for few seconds until blister appears on both sides.
  4. Then cook kulchas on the chapathi/ roti griller on direct heat.
  5. It will puff up very soon. Smear some oil on the cooked kulchas.
  6. Serve hot with channa masala or potato masala.

No comments:

Post a Comment