The thoughtless glutton who gorges himself beyond the limits of his digestive fires will be consumed by limitless ills. – Thirukural
If I can cook anyone can cook, before marriage I really thought cooking is like chemistry lab experiments. I never thought, I can bake a cake on my own. Now it all happened because of the cooking blogs. While surfing for roti varieties, I found this Kulcha recipe in Gayathri's cook spot. I tried it for the first time, with little variation and for my surprise it came out very soft and tasty.
- APF ( Maida) – 3 cups
- Yogurt – 3 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
Makes up to 15 -20 Kulchas
- Mix all the ingredients and make dough of chapathi dough consistency. Let it rest for one hour.
- Then take some portion of dough and roll out circle using a rolling pin. Make a slightly thin circle.
- Heat pan on a medium heat and cook kulchas for few seconds until blister appears on both sides.
- Then cook kulchas on the chapathi/ roti griller on direct heat.
- It will puff up very soon. Smear some oil on the cooked kulchas.
- Serve hot with channa masala or potato masala.