Lakshmi with joyous mind shall dwell in the house of that man who, with cheerful countenance, entertains the good as guests. - Thirukkural
Mint is an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin A. Mint contains menthol, which reduces pain and irritation. Mint also contains flavanoids that are useful in relieving gas and spasm in the intestines.
Masal vadai is deep fried snack prepared with Bengal gram. Addition of mint leaves to this vadai gives exotic flavor to this vadai.
- Bengal gram – 1 cup
- Onion chopped -1/2 cup
- Green chilies chopped – 1 tsp
- Ginger chopped – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Mint leaves chopped – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- First soak Bengal gram in water for 2 hours and then grind it in a mixer grinder without water. The dough should have a thick consistency.
- Then add onion, ginger, green chilies, mint leaves, curry leaves, salt and mix it thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a pan and take a small lemon size dough in your hand and keep it in the palm and press it with both the hand and make it flat. (Also you can use ziplock cover or banana leaf to shape the vada.)
- Then fry it in the hot oil , until vada turns golden brown. Serve it with coffee or tea.