Religion is the idea which is raising the brute unto man, and man unto God. –Swami Vivekananda.
|Rava Khichdi with coconut chutney|
(Semolina is the coarse, purified wheat middling of durham wheat used in making pasta, breakfast, cereals, puddings and couscous)
Rava khichdi is regular morning breakfast in our house, my mom cooks it very well. I love to enjoy khichdi with coconut chutney and also sometimes with sambar. Those golden days gone. Now I have to prepare it for my family and then keep my fingers crossed for my husband comments. Mostly it is positive for this Rava khichdi. So try this and get good comments from ur family….
- Semolina / Rava – 2 cups
- Water – 4 cups
- Green chilies – 2 (adjust to your taste)
- Onion – 1
- Tomato -1 (optional)
- Vegetables – 1 cup (carrots, peas and beans)
- Ginger grated – 1 tsp
- Garlic grated – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2tsp
- Ghee – 2tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1tsp
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 (one inch)
- Cardamom – 1
- Bay leaf – 1
- First dry roast the semolina or Rava for 5 minutes in a medium heat.
- Then in another pan heat oil, ghee and add ingredients mentioned for tempering one by one.
- Next add the finely chopped onion, grated ginger garlic and chopped green chilies saute it well. And then add tomato and veggies of your choice.
- Then add turmeric powder and saute the vegetables well.
- Add 4 cups of water and salt as per your taste.
- Once water starts boiling, add semolina and cook for 5 -10 minutes,( until rava cooks completely). Enjoy Rava khichdi with coconut chutney or sambar..