Diagnose the illness, trace its cause, seek the proper remedy and apply it with skill – Thirukural
Potato peas masala
Potatoes are good source of potassium….more potassium than a banana. Also potato has 6% of the recommended daily value of Iron. It has vitamin B6 and vitamin C. Isn’t this amazing , we can munch more potatoes as we wish…
Potato masala is very easy side dish, it goes well with dosa, Chappathi, puri and also it can be served along with kara kuzhambu rice.
- Potatoes medium sized – 4
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Onion chopped – ½ cup
- Green chilies – 2 (adjust to your taste)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dhal – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- First boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker up to 4 0r 5 whistles and then remove the skin , mash the potatoes well and mix turmeric powder with it.
- Then heat oil in a pan, add all the tempering ingredients one by one, wait for it splutter.
- Then add onion, green chilies, ginger garlic paste and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Then add green peas, chilly powder, coriander powder and cook it well with little water.
- Finally add the mashed boiled potatoes and mix it well. Add salt to taste and cook for few more minutes. Then switch off the stove. Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with Dosa (masala dosa) or with roti.