Life remains unharmed when one eats with restraint, refraining from foods that have proven disagreeable. - Thirukural
|Sesame Potato Fries|
Sesame contains health benefiting compounds such as Sesamol, which is phenolic anti-oxidants. Sesame seeds are very valuable source of dietary proteins with fine quality amino acids that are essential for growth, especially in children. Also sesame is rich in quality vitamins and minerals. They are good source of B-complex vitamins such as niacin, folic acid, thiamin, pyridoxine and riboflavin.
Sesame potato fries is a crispy deep fried snack.. For Kids ,who do not eat vegetables, this could be a right choice.
- Potato – 1 cup (julienne potato)
- Rice flour – 2 tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Sesame – 2 tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp (adjust to your taste)
- Hing (asafoetida) – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- First wash the potato, peel the skin and julienne a potato (cut into long thin strips).
- Then pat dry the potato strips, add rice flour, corn flour, sesame, red chili powder and pinch of hing.
- Just before you serve, add salt and sprinkle some water to the potato mixture. Then coat the potato with flour and seasonings.
- Deep fry it in hot oil.
- Serve with variety rice or as a
tea time snack.
Sending to this event:
Healthy food for healthykids - Nithubala