Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Semolina rose sweet



Is there any fastening that can shut in love? Tears of the affectionate will publish the love that is within - Thirukural

Whenever I think of easy sweet, rava kesari will only come to my mind.  My mom used to make either payasam or kesari for krithigai viratham (Lord Muruga was born of Lord Shiva on this auspicious star). Whenever she makes kesari I will be very happy…
I have to make a dessert or sweet for my son school party. Now it comes for little innovation to attract the kids. So I decided to go for the pink colour and also the rose flavor…
Ingredients
  • Rava/semolina – 1 cup
  • Sugar – 1/12 cups
  • Water – 2 cups
  • Red colour – 5 drops
  • Rose essence – ½ tsp
  • Ghee – 6tsp
Method
  1. First fry semolina in a pan with 2 tsp ghee for few minutes.
  2. Then transfer it into another plate, boil water in a pan. Add food colour and rose essence.
  3. Next add roasted rava and stir well without any lumps.
  4. When the rava cooked well, add sugar and stir well. After adding sugar, rava mixture will be watery. Stir well and wait for few more minutes to get semi solid mixture.
  5. Finally add ghee and switch off the stove.

Note: A little bit of cardamom powder can also be added to enhance the flavor.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment