Long they live on earth who gainThe feet of god in florid brain – Thirukural
Spinach has flavonoids – a phytonutrient with anti-cancer properties. It maintains low blood sugar, prevents constipation and it has anti-inflammatory properties. The vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium present in spinach all serve as powerful antioxidants that combat the onset of osteoporosis, atherosclerosis and high blood pressure. Spinach protect the eye from cataracts and age related macular degeneration. High amount of Vitamin A and Vitamin K in spinach also protects skin, bone, brain and nervous system.
Last week I made this spinach pakoda, it came out very well. My kids called this as green pakoda.and they enjoyed it as well...
- Chickpea flour- 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Spinach chopped - 1/2 cup
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Butter/margarine- 2tsp
- Ginger - small piece
- Green chilies - 1
- Coriander seeds - 1tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Grind spinach, green chilies, ginger and coriander seeds in a mixer grinder. Grind it smooth.
- Take chickpea flour, rice flour, baking soda, butter, grounded spinach and salt in a separate vessel.
- Mix it well without water and make a slightly stiff dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the pakodas until golden brown
Sending to this event:
Healthy food for healthykids - Nithubala