Let the thoughts be always great and progressive. It will not be a loss, even if the success eludes.- Thirukkural
This is my 50th post. I am happy to be a very minute part of this food blogosphere. Learning is something that is never ending for every one…I am happy to learn more and more from fellow bloggers.
Coconut cookies or thenga biscuit is one of my favorite cookies, freshly grated coconut or dessicated coconut can be added to make these cookies.
- Butter or Margarine - 1/2 cup / 1 stick
- APF or maida - 1 and 1/4 cup
- Coconut grated – ½ cup
- Yogurt - 2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 4 tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- First sieve APF with baking powder, sieve it twice.
- Then cream the butter, add yogurt sugar, salt and coconut. Whisk it well.
- Add sieved APF and knead it to form dough like consistency.
- Preheat oven at 350degrees.
- Take small portion of dough and shape them without cracks.
- Place them in a baking tray and bake it for approx 20 minutes. (check it after 5 min interval).
- Finally bake it until the base of the cookies turn light brown.