The body requires no medicine if you eat only after the food you have already eaten is digested – Thirkural
|Vegetable Mushroom fried rice|
Whenever I feel tired or want to complete cooking fast, I prefer to cook Vegetable fried rice. It requires only few ingredients and it gets ready in no time….if we have the frozen veggies pack.
- Cooked rice – 2 cups (basmathi rice or sona masoori rice)
- Vegetables – 1 cup (vegetables of your choice)
- Mushroom – 5 to 6
- Garlic chopped – 1 tsp
- Green chilies - 2 (adjust to your taste)
- Spring onion chopped – 1 bunch
- Schezwan sauce (store brought) – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- First cook rice in pressure cooker or electric cooker, grease a plate with oil and spread cooked rice on the plate.
- Next heat oil in a pan, when it fumes add chopped garlic, spring onion and green chilies cut lengthwise. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add mushroom (cleaned and chopped) and vegetables of your choice. Fry for 10 - 15 more minutes in medium flame.
- After 10 minutes add schezwan sauce ½ tsp and stir well.
- Finally add cooked rice and pepper powder, salt to taste. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with munchurians of your choice.