To say unpleasant things, when we have nice ones, is like eating unripe fruit, ignoring sweet ripe fruits. – Thirukkural.
Pizza pockets are more like baked samosas. Pizza dough used for the outer covering and inner filing is made with potato masala.
- APF – 1 and ½ cup
- Wheat flour – 1 and ½ cup
- Rapid rising yeast – 2 tsp
- Honey or sugar – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Potato peas masala – ½ cup, check potato peas masala recipe here
- In a luke warm water add yeast, sugar and wait for 10 minutes or until yeast forms a frothy layer.
- In a mixing bowl add APF, wheat flour, yeast mixture, salt and oil. Add yeast mixture little by little and make dough.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth and let it rest for 1 hour in a warm place.
- After one hour dough must have doubled in size, now punch dough and release air from the dough.
- Next preheat the oven at 350 degree F.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out thin squares. Place potato masala in the center of a square and place another square and seal the edges with little water.
- Bake pizza pockets for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve it hot with sweet chutney or ketchup.